I’ve been a fan of pokemon for ages. However, back in the day it’s hard to find fellow gamers who play it simple because they think Pokemon is a bit of childish way, long journey and tedious. So, I had never using the trade feature of the game.
But these days, where many gadgets are strong enough to emulate older machine system, I’ve found myself re-playing again many old games, including Pokemon. And how happy I am that I no longer need someone else GBA to trade pokemon.
I’d like to show you how to trade pokemon using GBA emulator that is No$GBA. Should you in need for that emu, just google it and you’ll find it in no time. IMHO, No$GBA is a pretty decent emu, and its easier to do the trade.
1. You should have a copy of Pokemon Rom for GBA. This tutorials only cover third-gen Pokemon (Ruby-Sapphire-Emerald). You may trade between gen but that’s another catch.
2. You should have a game-save or ongoing quest where trading pokemon is available at Pokemon Center. And of course, since it’s trading, you should also have some pokemon to trade.
3. You may trade from different game-save (i.e Ruby to Emerald to Sapphire) or you can copy the same game-save (i.e Emerald to Emerald). Please rename the second game extension from .sav to .SV2.
How To Do it
1. Open No$GBA. Uncheck the Autostart Catridge and drop down to choose 1st Machine
2. Choose the first Game (for example game one is Emerald)
3. Now, Set the control-setup as you wish for both player 1 and player 2
4. Right Click on the game and choose LINK. Your No$GBA screen should be like this :
5. Click on FILE and Choose FILE LIST and drop down 2nd Machine. Don’t forget to uncheck Autostart
6. Now, Again choose FILE but now choose FILENAME and choose your second game (in this example, Pokemon Ruby). Notice that now you’re on 2nd Machine :
7. Voila ! Two games in one !
8. Now go to POKEMON CENTER and go up stair to the Trade System. By the way, it’s easier if you already save both game at the Pokemon Center😀
9. Sit down, and there you’re ready to trade !
That’s all, folk !
Hope you find this tutorial helpful ! By the way, don’t ask me where to find the Emu, Roms and Save file. You can easily go google !